Build a Career as a TELLER , sales consultant ,admin clerk , or Customer consultant clerk
- Execute Cash & Related Transactions
- Throughout each day, balance, control and manage the cash float by checking the amount of cash at the teller station and requesting the restocking or repatriation of cash when prescribed cash limits are reached.
- Customer Service
- Provide advice to customers on the cash and other transactions processes to ensure the smooth flow of transactions.
- Identifying Sales Leads
- Identify and action sales leads (teller prompts) and cross selling opportunities.
- Compliance To Legislative Requirements And Internal Processes
- Open & close the branch safe according to the Bank’s procedures, including physically securing the safe according to required procedures.
Your Job Purpose:
Provide Customer service through timeous and accurate processing of client financial transactions to walk-in customers in Absa Bank Branches. Contribute to bottom line growth through identification of sales opportunities.
Education and Experience, and Competency Requirements
- NQF level no. 5, plus Grade 12 with Accounting and Mathematics as subjects.
- Minimum 1-2 years Cashier experience in a retail environment.
- Computer Literacy skills.
- No criminal record.
Help our customers get the best that Absa has to offer, and you’ll get the same in return. When you’re permanently here you’ll get competitive benefits like medical aid & pension fund, preferential banking rates, and a wellbeing program , just to mention a few, and you’ll be gaining experience with one of the top financial institutions in the country, which can open up some excellent career doors for you. Employees will also enjoy a company spirit that believes in giving our employees the freedom to do a great job, and the support to reach their ambitions in the future.
Ready To Apply?
There are four stages in our application process:
- Application: On our application form we ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You will also be required to upload a CV, so it’s a good idea to have this ready.
- Online Assessments: We’ll then ask you to complete online assessments if you have passed our minimum screening criteria. You will also receive an email with the link to these assessments so you can complete them when it suits you best. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles.
- Interview: If you are successful in our assessments we will contact you to conduct a brief telephonic interview before we invite you to attend a face-to-face interview.
- Outcome: Following your interview we’ll be in touch within five working days to advise you of the outcome.
We are committed to employment equity when recruiting internally & externally. Preference will be given to suitably qualified individuals from previously disadvantaged groups in South Africa.
For new opportunities and exposure … Apply today, and take your career to the next level.
If you have not received a response to your application in 15 days please consider your application unsuccessful
https://barclays.taleo.net/careersection/ejb/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en_gb follow the link and apply online